Halo Asset Blender Development Toolset
This page is incomplete! You can contribute information using GitHub issues or pull requests.
The Halo Asset Blender Development Toolset is a set of add-ons for Blender which allows the import and export of JMS, animation data (e.g. JMA), ASS, and JMI for Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST.
To download the add-on from GitHub, press the tags link next to the branch name on the top left. Switch to the release tab and download the latest release. The zip you want will be in the panel labeled Assets and will start with the name halo-asset-blender-toolset. There are two ways to install this Plugin:
- From within Blender, select Edit > Preferences.
- In the window that appears, select the Add-ons menu and click the Community button.
- There now be an Install... button visible, which you should use to choose the
.zipcontaining the downloaded add-on.
- Finally, ensure that the new add-on is checked in the add-ons list.
Firstly, you will need to find Blender's
- On Windows (Standalone Version), this can be found at
%appdata%\Blender Foundation\Blender\<Blender Version>\scripts\addons.
- On Windows (Steam Version), this can be found by right clicking Blender in Steam -> Manage -> Browse Local Files ->
- Linux users will find it at
Simply extract the downloaded
.zip to this location so that the
io_scene_halo directory is contained in